Search

Press

All information about Henkell Freixenet - latest or past news, to read or to download and always up to date.

2020 Travel Retail Awards

Henkell Freixenet has landed two products of its portfolio named finalist in 2020 Travel Retail Awards

02.04.2020

 

Consumers voted Freixenet Prosecco DOCG and Henkell Cuvée Unique – two GTR exclusive products of the Henkell Freixenet portfolio – to the final of the category “Best Wines”, giving the chance to win the Travel Retail Award in the category “Voted by Shoppers”.

  • Freixenet and Henkell are two of the finalist brands in the consumer-voted award that recognizes the products most highly valued by consumers.
  • More than 5,000 international travelers voted in this year’s edition.
  • Freixenet launched the Prosecco DOCG as the Prosecco category is still on the rise and to satisfy the desire of the consumer to add some luxury to their lives.
  • Henkell launched the Cuvée Unique to consistently inspire new customers with the highest quality and taste, bottled in a compelling packaging and an appropriate design.

Freixenet Prosecco DOCG and Henkell Cuvée Unique have been recognized as a finalist in this year’s consumer-voted Travel Retail Awards. This prize is awarded to the most highly valued products in airports all over the world according to the opinions of the consumers themselves. After winning this award for Freixenet Pinot Noir Sparkling in 2019, Henkell Freixenet proofs once again its positioning as leading sparkling wine company in the wine sector of the GTR business.

Freixenet Prosecco DOCG is a Prosecco launched by the company to pick up on the trend towards premiumization and to satisfy the desire of the consumer to add some luxury to their lives. The outstanding bottle design combined with a great taste of the Prosecco itself, convince consumers worldwide. With hints of citrus and green apple, it is made from blends of Glera, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio grapes from the exclusive and limited region of Conegliano Valdobbiadene.

Henkell Cuvée Unique is a unique sparkling wine launched by the company to consistently inspire new customers with the highest quality and taste, bottled in a compelling packaging and an appropriate design. Henkell Cuvée Unique is an unmistakable composition of Kerner, Pinot Gris and Pinot Blanc grapes, gently bottle-fermented for a minimum of twelve months.

It is the only award in the Duty-Free industry that is chosen exclusively by consumers. In that respect, both Freixenet and Henkell were evaluated by more than 5,000 independent participants, selected from the unique database of travelers provided by m1nd-set, a leading Swiss market research company. 70% of the voting was carried out by consumers who have travelled internationally through an airport within the past six months. The remaining 30% corresponds to the evaluations of influencers and bloggers with extensive experience in the travel sector.

The award ceremony will be held in October, at the TFWA World Exhibition & Conference in Cannes.

  • Press release Travel Retail Award 2020 Finalists

  • HxF Finalist Travel Retail Awards

  • Henkell Cuvee Unique

  • Freixenet Prosecco DOCG