In Saumur, in the Loire Valley, the estate of Gratien & Meyer is poised majestically above the river. Since 1864, the winery has dedicated itself to the production of Sekt. The Loire Valley enjoys an outstanding reputation among international connoisseurs as one of the world’s premier regions for the production of superior white wines and Crémants. Like in the Champagne regions, the vines are cultivated here on chalky soil that yields wines with a distinctive structure characterised by minerality and a bright, vivid fruitiness.
Crémant de Loire Cuvée Diadem Blanc Brut is a shining example, as a cuvée of strictly selected Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc and Chardonnay grapes. The initial fermentation process is followed by a second round of bottle fermentation, when the Crémant matures for at least 18 months on yeast. This process takes place in cool “tuffeau” cellars which afford an ideal environment for the lengthy second fermentation stage culminating in ready-to-imbibe maturity. Behind the characteristics and charisma of this unique Sekt lie terroir, history and human dedication.
- Origin: Loire Valley, France
- Taste: fresh and fruity yet balanced, with hints of pear and a nose of white flowers, lemon and green apple
- Varieties: Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay
- Dosage: 12 g/l brut
- Manufacturing process: traditional bottle fermentation
- Characteristic: barrique fermentation, long maturation