Johann E. Hubert Extra Dry
Hubert – the Slovakian sparkling wine pioneer
Originating in 1825, the Johann E. Hubert cellar can look back on a more than 190-year tradition. As a soldier, Hubert who came from Champagne, falls in love in Slovakia where he commits himself entirely to sparkling wine production. He produces the first sparkling wines outside of France. Nowadays Johann E. Hubert is the leading sparkling wine on the Slovakian market. The grapes for Johann E. Hubert originate from the winegrowing regions Južnoslovenská and Malokarpatská at the edge of the Carpathians. Hot summers with cool nights and soils with a high mineral content are the best conditions for richly aromatic base wine, which is then turned into sparkling wine in the Hubert cellar in the village of Sered'.
A Cuvée with personality
Grüner Veltliner, Riesling and Chardonnay grapes are composed for Johann E. Hubert Extra Dry to create an expressive Cuvée. The cellar master decides every year about the subtleties of the composition, ensuring that only the best quality is achieved again and again. The second fermentation phase in the bottle gives Johann E. Hubert its particularly rich aroma and its creamy, full-bodied taste.
- Origin: southern Slovakian winegrowing regions Južnoslovenská and Malokarpatská, Slovakia
- Taste: candied fruit, brioche, hazelnut, roasted aromas
- Varieties: Chardonnay (may be blended with Grüner Veltliner and / or Riesling in certain years)
- Dosage: 12 – 17 g/l extra dry
- Manufacturing process: traditional bottle fermentation, long maturation (15 –18 months)
- Characteristic: the Hubert brand leads the sparkling wine and wine markets in Slovakia